The 20 Most Weight-Loss-Friendly Foods On The Planet:
1) Spinach – Green leafy vegetables are rich in vitamins A, C, K and minerals such as iron, calcium and potassium.
They have been shown to reduce cholesterol levels and improve blood sugar control. Spinach contains compounds called glucosinolates which inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria in your digestive tract. These chemicals may also lower your risk of developing colon cancer.
2) Broccoli – Broccoli contains sulforaphane, a compound that inhibits the growth of carcinogenic nitrosamines found in tobacco smoke.
Sulforaphane reduces inflammation and helps prevent heart disease, diabetes and certain types of cancers. Studies show broccoli can increase your metabolism by up to 10 percent and decrease body fat by 2 pounds per week!
3) Brussels Sprouts – These cruciferous vegetables contain sulforaphane, a powerful anti-cancer agent.
Studies show sulforaphane can slow the growth of prostate cancer cells and reduce their ability to spread throughout your body. It’s also been shown to boost immunity and protect against cardiovascular diseases.
4) Zucchini – Zucchini contains sulforaphane, another potent anti-carcinogen that may help fight cancer.
Your body can absorb the highest amounts of sulforaphane from eating raw zucchini.
5) Green Beans – Like other green vegetables, green beans contain antioxidants and phytochemicals that protect against heart disease and cancer.
Green beans have been shown to significantly lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and increase HDL (good) cholesterol levels. They are also high in fiber and low in calories.
6) Celery – Celery is a low-calorie vegetable that is high in fiber and rich in vitamin K, B6, C and minerals.
It lowers your blood pressure and controls your weight by making you feel full.
7) Carrots – Carrots reduce the risk of cataracts, cardiovascular disease, cancer and respiratory problems.
They are a good source of vitamin A and antioxidants, which help prevent cellular damage caused by free radicals.
8) Beets – Beets are a good source of folate and manganese.
They also have antioxidant properties that help protect against certain types of cancer. Beets, like most other vegetables, have no fat, cholesterol or sodium.
9) Yellow Onions – These onions contain health-promoting flavonoids and phenolic acids that are good for your heart.
Their high antioxidants content makes them an excellent preventative measure against cancer as well.
10) Garlic – Garlic is one of nature’s most potent antibiotics. It contains allicin, a natural chemical that has powerful therapeutic effects on your body. Allicin can reduce cholesterol and prevent blood clots. It is also a strong antibacterial that can kill harmful bacteria in your digestive system.
There you have it, the top ten healthiest foods on the planet. If you eat these in place of less healthy foods like red meat and processed grains, you will dramatically reduce your risk of developing diabetes, cancer, heart disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
Sources & references used in this article:
A novel detection method for appetite suppressants illegally added into weight-loss-friendly foods by T Sun, F Han, Y Xu, Y Xu – Current Topics in Nutraceutical Research, 2019 – go.gale.com
A short review on a nutritional fruit: guava by K Gunnars – 2017
Knowledge Based System for Diagnosing Guava Problems by GMM Parvez, U Shakib, MA Khokon… – Opn Acc Tox & Res, 2018 – researchgate.net
Practice of dieting and its complications among the females by BT Basics, YGTAS Back – rudymawer.com
The Amazing Health & Fat Loss Benefits of Berries by I Dheir, SS Abu-Naser – International Journal of Academic …, 2019 – papers.ssrn.com
THE USE OF AMBON BANANA IN MAKING NEW VARIANT OF BOLU KOJO by S Blechman, T Fahey, C Goldberg, G Haff, D Kalman…