The 10 Best Vitamin D Supplements of 2020:
1) Nuvaring: A potent combination of vitamins and minerals, this is one of the most popular natural supplements available today.
It contains all essential nutrients required for optimal health including calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium. It’s also a good source of choline which plays an important role in brain function.
Nuvaring is also known to improve mood and mental alertness.
2) ZMA: This is a powerful antioxidant that protects your body from free radicals and helps prevent disease.
It’s also an excellent source of B complex vitamins, which are vital for healthy nerve tissue. Zinc is necessary for proper growth and development of bones, teeth, blood cells and many other bodily functions.
It’s also a good source of phosphorus which aids in the production of red blood cells.
3) Vitargo: Another potent combination of vitamins and minerals, this product is made up of two different types of herbs – St John’s Wort and Green Tea.
These ingredients work together to boost energy levels, increase focus and reduce stress. It also improves memory function, lowers cholesterol levels and boosts immunity.
4) Calcium Citrate: This is another powerful ingredient that works with the other ingredients in order to provide optimal results for your body.
Calcium is one of the most important minerals required for bone health and it also plays an important role in other bodily functions.
5) Magnesium Citrate: This is another important ingredient that helps your body process and metabolize nutrients.
It also plays an important role in preventing muscle cramps, nerve problems, low energy levels and cardiovascular disease. Magnesium also helps regulate proper heartbeat and blood vessel function.
6) Vitamin D3: This is one of the most important vitamins that your body needs to remain healthy.
It helps in the absorption of calcium, which is important for bone health and prevention of osteoporosis. It also lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease, improves mood and helps protect against various types of cancer.
7) Zinc: Also known as ‘blue gold’, Zinc is an essential trace element that plays an important role in maintaining general health and wellness.
It is required for hundreds of different metabolic functions and processes in the body. Zinc can be found in most multi-vitamins, but it is only included in small quantities.
This product contains a more potent Zinc Sulphate formulation, which helps fight off infection and disease.
8) DHEA: This ingredient helps the other ingredients work at maximum efficiency.
Dehydroepiandrosterone is a steroid hormone that is naturally produced in the body by the adrenal glands. It plays an important role in maintaining proper cognitive, neurological and psychological function.
As we get older, our bodies produce less of this vital ingredient and supplementation can help promote weight loss, increase muscle mass and improve sexual desire.
9) Acetyl L-Carnitine: This ingredient helps promote overall well-being and boosts energy levels.
Sources & references used in this article:
Vitamin D Supplementation in Influenza and COVID-19 Infections Comment on:“Evidence that Vitamin D Supplementation Could Reduce Risk of Influenza and COVID … by CS Kow, MA Hadi, SS Hasan – Nutrients, 2020 – mdpi.com
Vitamin D deficiency 2.0: An update on the current status worldwide by K Amrein, M Scherkl, M Hoffmann… – European Journal of …, 2020 – nature.com
Reply:“Vitamin D Supplementation in Influenza and COVID-19 Infections. Comment on: Evidence That Vitamin D Supplementation Could Reduce Risk of … by WB Grant, CA Baggerly, H Lahore – Nutrients, 2020 – mdpi.com
COVID-19 cytokine storms perhaps better stopped by the CYP11A1 Vitamin D pathway–Aug 11, 2020 by XAT Slominski, RM Slominski, PA Goepfert, TK Kim… – Exp …, 2020 – vitamindwiki.com
COVID-19 might be fought by 2 doses of Vitamin D (200,000-300,000 IU each)–Feb 2020 by SJ Wimalawansa – European Journal of Biomedical and …, 2020 – vitamindwiki.com
Perspective: Vitamin D deficiency and COVID‐19 severity–plausibly linked by latitude, ethnicity, impacts on cytokines, ACE2 and thrombosis by JM Rhodes, S Subramanian, E Laird… – Journal of internal …, 2020 – Wiley Online Library
Consensus statement from 2 nd International Conference on Controversies in Vitamin D by …, B Dawson-Hughes, PR Ebeling, D Feldman… – Reviews in Endocrine …, 2020 – Springer