Fish Oil Calculator Bodybuilding Benefits:
1) Fish oil helps your body fight off cancer, heart disease, diabetes and other diseases.
2) Fish oil improves brain function.
3) Fish oil reduces inflammation in the body.
4) Fish oil prevents joint pain and arthritis.
(Source)( Source )
5) Fish oil lowers cholesterol levels in blood vessels and arteries.
6) Fish oil protects against stroke and heart attack.
7) Fish oil decreases the risk of developing colon cancer.
The Best Fish Oil For Bodybuilding:
1) Omega 3 Fatty Acids – EPA & DHA are essential fatty acids found mainly in oily fish such as salmon, herring, sardines, mackerel and anchovies.
These two types of omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to reduce the risk of several diseases including cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, depression and dementia. (Source)
2) Vitamin E – Vitamin E has been proven to protect cells from free radical damage and may prevent some cancers.
3) Selenium – Selenium is a trace mineral that plays many roles in health.
It’s essential for normal cell functioning and DNA synthesis. (Source)
4) Vitamin B Complex – A good source of B-complex vitamins such as thiamin (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine (B6), biotin (B7), folic acid (B9) and cobalamin (B12).
Sources & references used in this article:
Auto-photography in aging studies: Exploring issues of identity construction in mature bodybuilders by C Phoenix – Journal of aging studies, 2010 – Elsevier
Do bodybuilders use evidence-based nutrition strategies to manipulate physique? by L Mitchell, D Hackett, J Gifford, F Estermann… – Sports, 2017 – mdpi.com
The new encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding by A Schwarzenegger, B Dobbins – 1998 – books.google.com
Women of steel: Female bodybuilders and the struggle for self-definition by SW Fussell – 2015 – Open Road Media