Jojoba Oil Benefits for Hair:
1) Hair Growth : Jojoba oil helps in increasing hair growth rate.
It increases hair growth rate because it improves blood circulation in your scalp area. Also, it stimulates follicle growth which are the tiny hairs located near your scalp. When these tiny hairs grow, they make your head look fuller and healthier looking. Jojoba oil also contains lignans which have been shown to stimulate hair growth in some studies (Source).
2) Hair Loss : Jojoba oil may reduce or even eliminate hair loss.
Studies show that it reduces hair loss in women with alopecia areata. It also helps prevent hair loss in menopausal women with male pattern baldness (Source). There is no evidence that shows if jojoba oil causes any adverse effects on your health. However, there is a concern that using too much jojoba oil may cause dry skin. If you experience dry skin due to excessive usage of jojoba oil, then you should discontinue its use temporarily until it goes away.
3) Hair Conditioning : Jojoba oil helps in improving hair condition.
It improves hair condition because it contains keratin which is one of the main ingredients used for making your hair strong and healthy (Source).
4) Hair Shine : Using jojoba oil in your hair adds shine and glossiness to your hair.
This is especially true if you use a little bit of jojoba oil after washing your hair. It helps your hair to look more lively and radiant. It also helps eliminate frizziness in your hair. F or people who do not have naturally curly or wavy hair, they will find that their hair becomes more curly and wavy after using jojoba oil.
Reasons to Add Jojoba Oil to Your Skin Care Routine:
1) Acne : Applying jojoba oil directly to your skin helps in getting rid of acne.
In fact, it can be just as effective as some of the chemical based creams that are available over-the-counter (Source). Jojoba works well on all types of acne even cystic acne. It is important that you only use the purest of the jojoba oil to get positive results on eliminating your acne.
2) Age Spots : Applying a little bit of jojoba oil on age spots helps lighten their appearance and make them less noticeable.
It takes time, but it will help reduce their appearance overtime (Source).
3) Arthritis : There is evidence that using jojoba oil on a regular basis can help reduce the pain caused by arthritis.
It has a very soothing effect that can last all day long. It also reduces swelling caused by arthritis (Source).
4) Athletes Foot : Applying a little bit of jojoba oil to your feet helps get rid of the itching and scaling caused by athletes foot (Source).
5) Blemishes : The blemishes that you have on your face will start to disappear as you apply more of the oil.
It will take a few weeks for you to start noticing a difference in the number of blemishes that you have (Source).
6) Burns : Applying a little bit of jojoba oil on a burn helps reduce the amount of pain that you are experiencing.
It also helps heal the burn faster (Source).
7) Cellulite : Applying a little bit of the natural oil may help to improve the appearance of cellulite on your skin.
It can not get rid of it completely, but it will make it less noticeable (Source).
8) Chapped Lips : Applying jojoba oil to chapped lips helps moisturize them and make them less dry and crack (Source).
9) Cold Sores (Herpes) : Applying a small amount of the jojoba oil directly to your cold sores helps get rid of them faster.
It helps reduce the pain and also shortens the life span of the cold sore.
10) Cradle Cap (Seen in Babies) : Applying a small amount directly on the cradle cap helps moisturize the skin and get rid of the dry flaking skin (Source).
11) Cuts : Applying a small amount of jojoba oil on a cut helps prevent infection and promotes healing. It also helps reduce the appearance of scars from the cut (Source).
12) Dandruff : Rubbing the jojoba oil into your scalp and then washing it out helps to get rid of dandruff. It can not remove it completely, but it will definitely help decrease the appearance of dandruff (Source).
13) Dark Circles : Applying a little bit of the oil under your eyes helps get rid of the darkness under your eyes. It does not get rid of them completely, but it does make them less noticeable (Source).
14) Deodorant : The natural scent of jojoba oil is very neutral. This makes it perfect for use as a deodorant. Rubbing a thin layer of jojoba oil under your arms helps eliminate body odor (Source).
15) Dry Skin : Applying a thin layer of the oil over dry skin helps moisturize it and re-hydrate it. It can take a few applications to see results, but after a few days of use you will definitely notice your skin is softer (Source).
16) Eczema : The anti-inflammatory properties in jojoba oil help reduce the appearance of Eczema. Rubbing a little bit of the oil on the affected area helps get rid of itching and reduces dryness (Source).
17) Emergency Preparedness : Jojoba oil has many uses as a first aid measure. It is lightweight and does not spoil, making it perfect for your emergency kit. You can also use it for cooking if you find yourself in a survival situation (Source).
18) Exfoliator : Rubbing a small amount of the oil directly onto dry skin helps remove dead skin cells. This helps soften your skin (Source).
19) Hair Growth : Rubbing a little bit of the oil into your scalp and hair helps promote hair growth (Source).
20) Itchiness : Applying a small amount of jojoba oil directly on itchy skin helps get rid of the itch (Source).
21) Legs Cramps : Applying the oil topically on your legs helps get rid of leg cramps (Source).
22) Minor Cuts : Applying a small amount of jojoba oil to a cut helps prevent infection and promotes healing (Source).
23) Mosquito Bite Relief : Applying a small amount of jojoba oil to a mosquito bite helps get rid of the swelling and itchiness (Source).
24) Poison Ivy : Applying a small amount of the oil to the affected area helps get rid of the itchiness and swelling caused by poison ivy (Source).
25) Razor Burn : Applying a small amount of the oil to your face after shaving eliminates dryness and softens the skin. It also helps prevent razor burn (Source).
26) Skin Infection : Applying a thin layer of the oil over a skin infection two to three times daily helps clear up the infection (Source).
27) Stretch Marks : Applying jojoba oil consistently to stretch marks helps reduce their appearance and make them less noticeable (Source).
28) Sunburn Relief : Applying a small amount of jojoba oil to sunburned skin cools and soothes it (Source).
29) Sunscreen : Applying a thin layer of the oil over exposed skin helps protect it from the sun (Source).
30) Swimmers Ear : Applying a small amount of the oil in your ear canal helps soothe swimmers ear and prevent infection (Source).
31) Toothache Relief : Rubbing a small amount of the oil directly on a toothache reduces pain and swelling (Source).
32) Warts : Applying a small amount of jojoba oil directly on a wart and surrounding skin every day, helps soften the skin and helps the skin cells grow over the wart, making it easier to remove (Source).
Add our JOJOBA oils to your cart now!
We use jojoba oil in our JB’s Skin Salve – A popular salve used for all sorts of things around the house. Make sure to check it out!
If you have any questions, please let us know!
Keep being awesome!
-John & Travis
*Disclaimer: The information offered is based on our best understanding of science and research data as of January 2017. Information is subject to change as research discoveries are made. CBD is not approved by the FDA to treat any diseases or symptoms. All products have been thoroughly researched for quality and purity. Our CBD oil is made with Kentucky hemp, the best we’ve found in the market.
Sources & references used in this article:
How to Build a Natural Skincare Routine for Your Skin Type by S Jackson – zelenlife.com
CASTOR OIL FOR HAIR GROWTH| DR DRAY by LS Baumann – 2014 – McGraw Hill Professional
The real cause and solution to acne by RT WEB – rtwab.com
Skin Perfection Natural and Organic Skin Care by J Cabrall – josephinecabrall.com
16 Best Natural Ways & Remedies to Clear Your Skin that Work by K Thomas – 2018 – naturalorganicskincare.com
Why We Love It by S Jackson – zelenlife.com
12 Whole Body Self-Care Tips to Get You Through the Winter by BB Sleep, B Devices, HG Devices… – … of Pharmacol Exp Ther, 2003 – stylechicks.com