The main purpose of this post is to share with you the benefits of the potato diet. You may not believe it but there are many people who have been following this method successfully for years without any problems. There are some things which need to be mentioned before starting your own potato diet program.
Potato Diet Benefits:
1) Potatoes contain high amount of fiber, potassium, magnesium and other minerals which helps in weight loss.
2) Potato contains soluble fiber which helps in keeping blood sugar levels stable.
3) Potatoes contain vitamin C, B complex vitamins, iron and other nutrients which help in preventing cancer.
4) Potatoes contain phytochemicals which reduce cholesterol level and prevent heart disease.
5) Potatoes contain antioxidants such as flavonoids and phenolic acids which improve brain function and protect against neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease etc.
6) Potatoes contain polyphenols which have anti-cancer properties.
7) Potatoes contain vitamin A, C and E which help in preventing eye damage due to sun exposure.
8) Potatoes contain essential fatty acids which help in reducing risk of heart disease and diabetes mellitus.
Potato Diet Side Effects:
1) Some people suffer from constipation while following the potato diet plan.
If this is the case then you should introduce more fruits and vegetables to your diet.
2) Potato skin contains high amounts of nutrients but it also contains toxic substances which can cause damage to the kidneys.
So always peel the skin before cooking.
3) Some people experience diarrhea while on the potato diet plan so make sure that you take in enough fluids.
4) Some people experience headaches, weakness, drowsiness, nausea and bloating after taking in potatoes.
This is caused due to the high amount of carbohydrates contained in potatoes.
5) Very sweet and soft potatoes can cause tooth decay and they may also damage the enamel of the teeth.
Always chew sugar coated or very ripe potatoes properly before swallowing.
6) Potato juice can cause red itchy welts on the body as it contains toxic solanine which is a skin irritant.
The potato diet has many benefits but it is not suitable for everyone. So do consult your physician before starting the potato diet.
As mentioned above, this post is mainly about the benefits of the potato diet so if you want to know more then click on the links mentioned above. You can also comment on the above article or ask any question that you may have concerning this diet.
Thanks again for reading this post and please share it with your friends. Have a nice day!
Other Helpful Links:
How to Get Ripped Abs Fast – Getting ripped abs is something that every person would love to have. But not all of us were born with washboard stomachs. It just doesn’t happen over night. But by following the tips in this guide, you will get those ripped abs in no time at all.
How to Get Ripped Fast – Getting ripped is every bodybuilder’s dream. But not all of us have the time to train for 2-3 hours a day. By following these tips, you’ll be on your way to getting ripped in no time at all.
How to Increase Testosterone – Are you lacking in the testosterone department?
Most men find themselves in that situation at some point in their lives. And if you’re experiencing low energy levels, lack of motivation and having trouble gaining muscle, then it’s very likely that your testosterone levels are low. By following these tips, you can increase your testosterone levels in a short period of time.
How to Build Muscle Mass – Are you lacking in the muscle mass department?
Don’t feel bad; most guys your age are. But on the bright side, it’s never too late to build muscle mass. All you need is the right information, and that’s what this post is about.
How to Lose Weight Fast – Many of us want to lose weight fast, but end up losing a lot of muscle mass in the process. Don’t worry; you won’t lose any muscle mass if you follow these guidelines on how to lose weight fast and efficiently.
How to Get Motivated – Are you lacking in motivation?
Don’t worry; you’re not alone. Most people lack motivation in some area of their lives. Whether it’s school, work or your social life, it gets harder to stay motivated as the demands of life increase. However, there are ways to get and stay motivated in life. Here are some tips on how to get motivated and maintain that motivation.
How to Be Happy – Are you a sad person? Are you always feeling down and depressed about something? Do you go on with life, but just feel unhappy most of the time?
Well, my friend, I’ve been there and I know how it feels. But don’t worry; all of that is about to change. By following these simple steps, you’ll be happier than you’ve ever been before.
How to Go to Sleep – Are you having trouble going to sleep at night?
Are you waking up tired no matter how much sleep you get?
Sources & references used in this article:
Potatoes and human health by ME Camire, S Kubow, DJ Donnelly – … reviews in food science and …, 2009 – Taylor & Francis
Low‐carbohydrate diet review: shifting the paradigm by AH Hite, VG Berkowitz… – Nutrition in Clinical Practice, 2011 – Wiley Online Library
Control of blood glucose in type 2 diabetes without weight loss by modification of diet composition by MC Gannon, FQ Nuttall – Nutrition & metabolism, 2006 – Springer