List of the Best Low-Carb Fruits and Vegetables:
1. Apples – Apple is one of the best fruits for your body because it contains high amount of vitamins C, B6, folate, potassium and fiber.
It is also rich in manganese which helps in blood clotting. According to research apple may reduce risk of heart disease and stroke. Apple contains very little fat so it’s good for weight loss purposes too!
2. Avocados – Avocado is another great fruit for your health.
It contains healthy fats such as monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). These fats are good for lowering cholesterol levels, controlling blood sugar levels and preventing diabetes. Also avocado provides antioxidants which protect against cancer.
3. Blueberries – Blueberry is a good source of vitamin C, folic acid, calcium, iron and magnesium.
It is also rich in phenols which prevent skin aging.
4. Broccoli – Broccoli is a great source of vitamin K, folate, potassium and fiber.
It helps in reducing blood pressure levels and improving circulation rate.
5. Cantaloupe – Cantaloupes contain lots of water-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K.
They are good for treating constipation issues as well as preventing kidney stones due to their high water content.
6. Grapefruit –Grapfruit is a good source of nutrients such as potassium, vitamin C and folic acid.
It helps in blood vessel repair and lowering cholesterol levels.
7. Oranges – Oranges contain high amount of potassium and vitamin C.
They are great for your heart health and bone health as well. Oranges are also helpful in preventing anemia due to their large iron content.
8. Papaya – Eating papayas can protect you against heart diseases, cancer and other digestive tract problems.
They are rich in vitamin C, A, folate and dietary fiber.
9. Peaches – Peaches are great for diabetic patients thanks to their low glycemic index (GI).
They also decrease LDL cholesterol (the bad one) and increase HDL cholesterol (the good one).
10. Pears – Pears are very low in sodium and high in fiber hence they are good for people with high blood pressure. They are also an excellent source of antioxidant called gingerols.
11. Pineapple – Pineapples contain digestive enzymes such as bromelain which breaks down protein, reduces inflammation and helps with absorption of nutrients. It also protects the heart due to its high content of vitamin B3.
12. Raspberries – Raspberries are very effective for your heart health due to their high potassium and fiber content. They also contain a lot of vitamin C and anthocyanins.
13. Strawberries – Strawberries are very good at preventing colon cancer because they are rich in antioxidants. They also are high in fiber, folate and manganese.
14. Tomatoes – Tomatoes are the best source of lycopene which protects against certain cancers such as prostate cancer. They also contain vitamins A and C as well as potassium and antioxidants.
15. Watermelons – Watermelons are an excellent choice for people with digestive issues since they are very high in water and have a low glycemic index (GI). They also help with hydration, skin issues and kidney stones.
We hope you find this information useful and remember to share this article with your friends and family. Thank You.
Sources & references used in this article:
LOW CARB VEGETABLES by LOWC FRUITS – geegetsfit.wordpress.com
Low-carb, low-fat diet gurus face off by J Stephenson – JAMA, 2003 – jamanetwork.com
Category Archives: Vegetables by DM Diet, KM Diet, LCM Diet, WINB Sugar – diabeticmediterraneandiet.com
Guest Post: A Response to Fruits are NOT Vegetables by YGTAS Back – rudymawer.com
Anthocyanin colorants from fruits and vegetables by RD Jennelle Arnew – weightymatters.ca
Fruit and vegetable consumption among college students in Arkansas and Florida: Food and culture vs. health knowledge by S Hake, J Quinn – 2008 – ACS Publications
The CSIRO low-carb diet by C Schroeter, L House… – International Food …, 2007 – digitalcommons.calpoly.edu
Low-Carb, Low-Fat Diet Gurus Face Off by G Brinkworth, P Taylor – 2017 – books.google.com