Is There a Safer Way to Smoke Cannabis?
How the Methods Stack Up
Cannabis is one of the most popular drugs among young people. Many people have tried it before, but not many know how to smoke properly. Smoking cannabis can cause lung cancer if done incorrectly or with improper equipment. In this article we will tell you how to smoke cannabis correctly so that you don’t get cancer from smoking cannabis.
The best way to learn how to smoke cannabis is to go through the steps yourself. You can try out various methods and see which method works better for you. You may even want to experiment with different materials such as waxes, oils, shatter etc. If you are new to smoking then start off slow and work your way up slowly until you feel comfortable enough with the whole process.
We will give you all the information you need to know about how to smoke cannabis safely. We hope that our article helps you avoid getting cancer while smoking cannabis.
How to Smoke Cannabis Safely: Step By Step Guide To Avoid Getting Cancer From Smoking Cannabis
1) First, make sure that your marijuana is fresh and free of mold or other contaminants.
It doesn’t matter what type of weed it is, just make sure its fresh!
2) You will also need to get high-grade filters, preferably Schmidt brand.
(These can be found at headshops or online). DO NOT under any circumstances use a cotton filter, as the cellulose fibres in the cotton can and will make its way into your lungs. The last thing you want is to introduce organic material inside your lungs.
3) Get yourself some high-quality flowers.
AKA smokeable marijuana. With smoking, quality is key!
4) Get yourself an aluminium tray.
Any shape will work, but a square or a circle will work best, so that you save weed by not smoking the parts of the buds that are not on the edge.
5) Take your aluminium tray and spread your weed evenly across it.
It should be one even layer. Use scissors or pliers to cut the buds in half (or more, if they are small enough). Now you should have a tray full of bud shards.
6) Take your filters and spread them evenly across the tray.
The buds should be completely enveloped by the filter, with no bud exposed. Leave some space between each bud for air to flow through when you light it up!
7) Get a lighter and a pie tin (like a metal pan that pies are made of).
Cover the bottom of the pie tin with accelerant (anything that burns). Make sure it is a highly flammable liquid, like lighter fluid.
8) Place your pie tin filled with accelerant underneath your bud tray.
9) Ignite the accelerant and wait for it to flame up (you may want to use a fan or air blower to ensure the flames reach all the way to the bottom of the pan).
Sources & references used in this article:
The marijuana smokers by E Goode – 1970 – academia.edu
The effects of cannabis among adults with chronic pain and an overview of general harms: a systematic review by SM Nugent, BJ Morasco, ME O’Neil… – Annals of internal …, 2017 – acpjournals.org
Beyond THC: the new generation of cannabinoid designer drugs by L Fattore, W Fratta – Frontiers in behavioral neuroscience, 2011 – frontiersin.org
Perspectives in psychology: XXIV control of coverants, the operants of the mind by LE Homme – The Psychological Record, 1965 – Springer