How to treat pimples on lips?
If you have ever had pimples on your lips, then you probably are aware that they are very painful. They may even cause redness or swelling around them. You might think that there is nothing you can do to get rid of these spots but it doesn’t work like that! There are various methods which could possibly help you with getting rid of these pimples on your lips. Here are some of them:
1) Exfoliating Your Lips – If you have been suffering from pimples on your lips, then exfoliation will surely help you out.
Exfoliation removes dead skin cells and helps in keeping your lips smooth. However, if you don’t want to go through the pain of having pimples on your lips again, then don’t worry because there is another way to remove them.
2) Moisturizing Your Lips – Moisturizer is a great thing to apply on your lips when you have pimples on them.
It keeps the skin moist and prevents any further infection. Also, moisturizers help in preventing future infections as well.
3) Massaging Your Lips With Essential Oils – Essential oils are natural substances found in plants and herbs.
These essential oils can be used to soothe irritated or inflamed skin.
4) Drinking A Lot Of Water – One of the major reasons for pimples on your lips is dehydration.
Puffy lips are one of the major signs of dehydration. So make sure to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day.
5) Exfoliating With Baking Soda – Baking soda is a great exfoliator and will help you in getting rid of pimples on lips by exfoliating dead skin cells.
6) Whitening Your Lips With Activated Charcoal – If you are someone who smokes or consumes a lot of coffee or alcohol, then applying activated charcoal on your lips can make them appear whiter.
7) Soaking In Apple Cider Vinegar – This is an effective method of getting rid of pimples on lips.
Just soak a small cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it on your lips for 10 minutes.
With these tips in mind, you should be able to get rid of pimples on lips with ease!
Sources & references used in this article:
Therapeutic effect observation on treatment of acne with acupuncture plus moving cupping and blood-letting by Q Wang, G Wang – Journal of Acupuncture and Tuina Science, 2008 – Springer
Infections of the dangerous areas of the face: their pathology and treatment by U Maes – Annals of surgery, 1937 – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
STAPHYLOCOCCUS INFECTIONS OF THE FACE AND LIPS by W Martin – Annals of surgery, 1922 – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Treatment of infections of the face by JW Price Jr – Annals of surgery, 1927 – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Infections of the lip by M Kahn – Journal of the American Medical Association, 1924 – jamanetwork.com
Infections in the Danger Area of the Lips, Face and Nose by GW Walker, H Awtrey – California and western medicine, 1938 – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov