Argan Oil Benefits for Hair:
1) Argan oil has been used for centuries in Morocco.
It was discovered there in the 18th century. It is now widely known as “The Tree of Life” because it contains high levels of Vitamin E which helps prevent damage from free radicals.
Studies have shown that argan oil reduces wrinkles and improves skin tone and texture.
2) Argan oil has been used in cosmetics since ancient times.
It was found to be effective against acne and eczema. It is also beneficial for treating psoriasis, rosacea, and other skin conditions.
Some studies show that argan oil may reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer.
3) Research shows that argan oil can improve hair growth rates by up to 30%.
Studies have shown that argan oil may increase hair density by up to 15% and slow down hair loss.
4) Argan oil has been used for many years in Moroccan beauty products such as shampoos, conditioners, and soaps.
Studies show that argan oil may improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, decrease the signs of aging, promote cell regeneration, protect against sunburns and radiation burns, strengthen the immune system, stimulate collagen production in the skin cells.
5) Argan oil can be used for cooking.
The oil contains a high level of unsaturated fatty acids and has a sweet taste. It is ideal for salad dressings and may also be used as a substitute for other oils or butter in pastries and other foods.
6) Argan oil is high in antioxidants, which help protect cells against the destructive effects of free radicals that can lead to cancer and other diseases.
7) Argan oil is rich in vitamin E, which helps prevent the breakdown of collagen fibers and keeps your skin strong and elastic.
This can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
8) Argan oil is great for your hair because it penetrates deep into each hair strand to hydrate and condition even if you have oily hair.
It also makes your hair shiny and stops frizz.
9) Argan oil is rich in vitamin A and E, which helps fight signs of aging and promotes healthy skin.
It is an excellent emollient that helps moisturize your skin from the inside out. It is ideal for dry or cracked skin.
10) Argan oil is a great solution for those who suffer from acne because it reduces inflammation and gets rid of excess oil that can clog pores. It may also kill off bacteria within the clogged pores that cause acne.
11) Argan oil is a powerful antioxidant that can protect your skin from the harmful effects of free radicals.
12) Argan oil is commonly used in aromatherapy and has a calming effect on your mind and body. The high levels of vitamin E can boost your mood, improve your memory, give you more energy, and make you feel happier.
13) Argan oil is known to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines. It also protects your skin from more damage and may even reverse the signs of aging.
14) Argan oil is a natural moisturizer that can hydrate your skin and prevent it from drying out. It can help heal dry, cracked, or damaged skin.
15) Argan oil is commonly used to treat wounds, like cuts, burns, and insect bites. It can also get rid of other types of skin infections.
16) Argan oil is rich in linoleic acid and antioxidants which are both effective in the treatment of eczema.
17) Argan oil can be used to treat psoriasis by moisturizing dry skin and reducing inflammation. It also relieves the pain and discomfort associated with this condition.
18) Argan oil is high in vitamin A and E, which are both necessary for maintaining strong, healthy nails. It can also help repair brittle or damaged nails.
Where Can You Buy Argan Oil?
Argan oil has become very popular and can now be found in most health food stores or online. The price may vary depending on the quality, brand, and size of the product. A one-ounce bottle can range from $10 to $20. A four-ounce bottle can cost anywhere from $20 to $40.
You may want to buy argan oil that is cold-pressed so you can get the most out of all the nutrients and antioxidants available in the oil. Make sure it doesn’t contain any additives or preservatives such as vitamin E.
You can also buy argan oil that comes in a dark glass bottle to prevent further damage from sunlight or UV rays which can alter the oil and cause it to lose its essential nutrients.
Before buying, make sure the argan oil you’re considering has a harvest date listed somewhere on the bottle. Pure argan oil is best used within a year of the harvest date.
Argan oil can go rancid if the bottle is left open for too long or isn’t stored properly. Rancid oils can lead to side effects such as nausea, itchy skin, or breakouts. Make sure you know how to store the oil properly once you buy it.
If you have sensitive or problematic skin, consider buying argan oil that has been diluted with a little grapeseed oil. Grapeseed oil is also powerful antioxidant and may help soothe skin disorders such as psoriasis or eczema.
Try to buy argan oil that comes from 100% organic or wild argan trees. Argan trees are under protection by the Moroccan government, so you can be assured your oil isn’t contributing to deforestation.
You can also try to find a brand of argan oil that is certified fair trade or organic. You can be sure you’re not contributing to slave labor practices or abusing the environment just so you can have beautiful skin.
Most argan oil manufacturers are doing their part to protect the environment and the argan trees. They make sure the trees they use for their oil aren’t damaged in any way so they can continue to produce high-quality oils in the future.
Argan oil manufacturers often make donations to organizations that protect the argan trees or contribute to argan tree regeneration programs. They also recycle all their manufacturing waste and use eco-friendly packaging when possible.
This type of manufacturer is becoming more popular as consumers become more aware of their impact on the environment.
Most argan oil manufacturers don’t cut corners and strive for quality. They use top of the line equipment and only the highest quality ingredients.
They make small-batch oils in order to maintain freshness and quality.
What Is The Difference Between Cold-Pressed And Expeller-Pressed?
The process of making argan oil is quite long and complicated. It involves several steps and different machines to get the job done right. First, the skin is removed from the kernels. The kernels are then roasted and crushed to make a paste. The paste is then placed in a modern mill where it is stirred and strained. The oil is then separated from the paste and pulp. This process separates the oil into two different types: cold-pressed and expeller-pressed.
What’s the difference?
Cold-pressed argan oil comes from raw kernels. The paste is placed in a hydraulic press which applies extreme pressure to separate the oil from the paste and pulp. This type of oil, also called “crude”
Sources & references used in this article:
Argan oil: Occurrence, composition and impact on human health by Z Charrouf, D Guillaume – European Journal of Lipid Science …, 2008 – Wiley Online Library
Physicochemical characteristics, nutritional properties, and health benefits of argan oil: A review by A El Abbassi, N Khalid, H Zbakh… – Critical reviews in food …, 2014 – Taylor & Francis
Design, characterization, and clinical evaluation of argan oil nanostructured lipid carriers to improve skin hydration by DM Tichota, AC Silva, JMS Lobo… – International journal of …, 2014 – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov