Honey is one of the most popular ingredients used in beauty products. Many people are using it for its health benefits, but some people prefer to use it because they think it makes their hair look better or looks like a new color. Honey can be used on any type of hair including your own. You don’t need special equipment to do so either. There are many ways to use honey on your hair and we will tell you all about them here today!
10 Ways to Use Honey for Hair Health:
1. Apply honey on your scalp daily, especially if you have dandruff.
Dandruff is caused due to dead skin cells being left behind from the time when you shampooed your hair everyday. When these dead skin cells come into contact with other living ones, they get tangled up and form a mass called dandruff. If you apply honey on your scalp regularly, it helps remove those dead skin cells and leaves your scalp clean.
2. Make sure that your hair is not too dry.
Dry hair causes frizziness and eventually flakes off easily which leads to breakage of strands. When you apply honey on your hair, it prevents frizziness and keeps the rest of the hairs healthy.
3. Honey also helps keep the color of your hair true.
Honey is known to slow down the rate at which your hair color fades.
4. It also provides a protective effect against your hair breaking off.
5. For stronger roots, you can also use honey to instantly condition your hair right after you wash it.
6. You can also mix honey with cinnamon powder and yogurt to make a paste and leave it on your hair for at least thirty minutes before washing it off.
Your hair will feel stronger and smoother after this process.
7. You can add honey to your regular conditioner to get the same effects of conditioning your hair as you wash it.
8. Honey is a natural humectant, which means that it binds to water.
You can use honey before or after you swim as a sort of substitute for conditioner.
9. Add honey to your shampoo to make it more conditioning for your hair and scalp.
10. You can also make a homemade hair conditioner by mixing one cup of raw honey with two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. This is one of the best home made recipes that are effective yet extremely simple to make and even simpler to use.
Using Honey for Different Hair Types:
There are different types of honey suitable for different hair types and issues. For example, if your hair is dry you can use honey from a local super market or a health food store. If your hair is excessively dry though, it is recommended that you use Manuka honey. This is a type of honey that comes from bees that primarily feed on the nectar of the Manuka bush. There are some people who also experience allergic reactions to honey, in this case you should avoid using it on your hair as this may worsen the condition.
Honey for Colored Hair:
We all know that honey is a natural substance with a lot of benefits for our health and skin. It is no different when it comes to colored hair. Honey is known to slow down the process of your hair color fading. If you use it immediately after you color your hair, it can also help protect the color for a longer period of time.
Using Honey to Lighten Hair:
Honey has natural bleaching powers which can be used to lighten colored hair. You will need to apply honey directly onto your strands and leave it on for at least thirty minutes before washing it off. You may need to do this multiple times to achieve the desired results.
Honey for Greying Hair:
Honey is beneficial in this case as well. Honey can help slow down the greying of hair and even reverse the process to some extent if used on a regular basis.
How to Use Honey as a Hair Mask:
1. All you need to do is apply honey directly onto your hair and leave it on for at least half an hour before washing it off.
2. You can keep the honey mask on for as long as you want, the longer the better.
3. Honey also provides a protective coating on the hair, thus preventing damage to the cuticle of each strand.
4. The best way to apply honey on your hair is to warm it first.
This will make the process simpler and easier.
Honey is an amazing product that can be used in a variety of ways. Not only is it good for your hair, but it also smells amazing. Always remember to use pure and unprocessed honey because the processed stuff doesn’t have as many benefits. The natural sugars in honey also give your hair a nice shine and can even act as a natural conditioner. Not to mention it is extremely beneficial if you suffer from dandruff.
The next time you have a skincare or hair care problem, try using honey. I’m sure you will notice an improvement in your condition.
Sources & references used in this article:
French kids eat everything: How our family moved to France, cured picky eating, banned snacking and discovered 10 simple rules for raising happy, healthy … by K Le Billon – 2012 – books.google.com
Contagious: Why things catch on by J Berger – 2016 – books.google.com
Bees in America: How the honey bee shaped a nation by C Hakim – 2011 – Penguin UK
How we talk: American regional English today by T Horn – 2005 – books.google.com
The 10 best foods to eat for thicker hair by AA Metcalf – 2000 – books.google.com
A taste of honey by H Badger – sertiaseslimo.ml
Resilience for today: Gaining strength from adversity by S Delaney – 2014 – books.google.com
Billion-Dollar Branding: Brand Your Small Business Like a Big Business and Make Great Things Happen by EH Grotberg – 2003 – books.google.com