1) Abs Workout
2) Weight Loss
3) Strength Training
4) Cardio Exercise
5) Stretching Your Muscles (Kneeling Stretch)
6) Improves Blood Circulation in your Body
7) Strengthens Bones and Joints
8) Helps You Lose Weight
Benefits of Sit-Ups:
1) Abs Workout:
The best way to get rid of cellulite is by doing sit ups regularly. They are very effective exercise for getting rid of cellulite.
If you have been trying to lose weight but not succeeding then try these exercises first before going for dieting methods or other types of workout.
2) Weight Loss:
It helps to burn calories and it will give you a good result if you follow these exercises regularly. These sit up exercises will make your body feel light and help you lose weight.
You can start with one set of 10 reps and increase the number of sets gradually until you reach your desired goal. However, don’t overdo it as this may cause injury which could lead to losing muscle mass due to lack of oxygen supply in muscles during exercise.
3) Strength Training:
Sit-ups work on your abdominal muscles. It helps to make them stronger and more defined.
Stronger abs, help you in performing other tasks with ease. These exercises can be done anywhere, anytime which makes them convenient as well. If you are looking for a quick fix to get rid of love handles or flabs under your abdomen then try doing these exercises several times a week.
4) Cardio Exercise:
It involves a lot of movement which helps in increasing the heart rate. This in turn helps in burning fat and calories.
The more you do these exercises, the faster your heart rate will increase. If you are looking for exercises to lose that fat around your belly, then these sit-ups can help you achieve that goal.
5) Stretching Your Muscles:
Stretching is an important aspect of any workout routine. If you are not stretching before and after exercise, then you are losing out on a lot of flexibility and mobility.
These exercises will help in keeping your muscles flexible and relaxed. This will prevent you from getting muscle spasms or cramps. It will also help in keeping your body limber.
6) Improves Blood Circulation in your Body:
Muscles suffer from lack of oxygen supply when they are put to work. However, these sit-ups help in increasing the amount of oxygen and blood flow to the abdominal organs and muscles.
This is very important as it helps in bringing down the risk of having a heart attack or a stroke due to poor blood circulation.
7) Better Posture:
It helps in keeping your back straight. It also reduces back pain and you are able to sit for longer periods of time.
A correct performance of these exercises will strengthen your back and the muscles supporting it. It will help you maintain a good posture. Good posture is very important as it helps in preventing health issues in the future.
8) Better Breathing:
Abdominal muscles help in keeping the spine in a proper position. It helps in keeping the lungs open and this in turn helps you to breathe better.
You will feel a sense of freshness and comfort after doing these exercises. These exercises also help in preventing lung disorders such as asthma or bronchitis which are common health issues in people with weak lungs.
9) Improved Digestion:
Stronger abs help in proper digestion. You are able to process the food you eat better and this helps in keeping your digestive system fit and healthy.
You lower your chances of suffering from acid reflux or indigestion. A strong core will help you in postpartum recovery as well.
10) Staying Alert:
Sit-ups along with other abdominal exercises will help you to gain better focus and increased awareness. You will not feel sleepy or drowsy as often as you used to.
It also helps in keeping your mind fit and free of any kind of mental disorders such as depression and anxiety.
11) Improves Physical Appearance:
Stronger abdominal muscles help in giving your body a nice shape. You will look slimmer and more attractive.
This is because you develop a leaner waistline and a better posture. These exercises also help in keeping the fat off your stomach. Strong abs look better in fitted clothes and you would certainly be admired by others for your great sense of style.
This concludes our list of benefits that come with regularly doing sit-ups. The next section will give you step by step instructions on how to perform this exercise correctly.
Step By Step Instructions For Doing Sit-Ups:
1) Lie flat on your back on a carpeted floor or a yoga mat.
Keep your legs straight and relax them. You should not be wearing any socks or shoes during this exercise.
2) Place your hands on either side of your head making sure that your fingers point towards your head and not away from it.
Your legs, feet as well as your back should be in a straight line. Avoid arching your back or pointing your feet towards the ceiling.
This is the starting position.
3) Slowly raise your shoulders a few inches off the floor by contracting only your abdominal muscles.
Your head, neck, as well as your back should remain in the same position as before.
4) Hold this position for a few seconds and then slowly relax.
5) Do at least 5 of these reps to complete one set.
6) You can do at least 3 sets of these reps every day.
However, if you are a beginner, it is better to start with one set and then gradually increase the number of sets.
7) After doing the reps, rest for a few minutes before starting with the next exercise.
Tips And Precautions While Doing Sit-Ups:
1) You should not strain yourself at any point of time.
Stop if you feel any pain and contact your physician immediately.
2) It is best to do these exercises in the morning and in an empty stomach.
However, if you want to do it before going to bed that is also fine.
3) Avoid lifting heavy weights or straining your muscles while doing these exercises especially during the initial stages.
4) Stick with low impact aerobic exercises in the beginning such as walking, swimming or cycling.
5) Avoid smoking since it restricts the blood flow to the heart and other organs as well as slows down the overall metabolism of the body.
6) Avoid sitting or lying in the same position for long periods during the day.
Get up every couple of hours and walk around for a bit. This will ensure that the blood continues to flow throughout your body.
7) Always remember to do these exercises slowly and with low impact aerobic exercises in the beginning to avoid straining your muscles or causing any injury to them.