8 Tips for Overcoming Codependency:
1) You are not your problems.
Your problem is not what you did wrong or didn’t do right; it’s what you have done wrong or don’t want to do right.
2) If someone else doesn’t like something, then they shouldn’t say anything at all.
They should just leave you alone and let you think about things on your own without them interfering with your thoughts.
3) If someone else is doing something you don’t like, then you need to get rid of them from your life completely.
Don’t even speak to them anymore. Just ignore them and move on.
You will eventually learn that if you stay around someone who does not treat you well, it will affect your life negatively.
4) If someone else is bothering you, then you need to get rid of them immediately.
Don’t listen to their excuses, because they aren’t worth listening too.
5) When someone is making trouble for you, it means that they are trying to hurt your feelings.
So don’t take it personally when they make fun of your appearance or act mean towards you. You deserve better than that!
6) Always try to spend time with people who make you feel good.
They are the ones you want to be around!
7) Your friends should respect you and your boundaries.
If they don’t, then that’s a sign that they aren’t right for you. It’s time to let them go and focus on better friendships.
8) Your life will be so much happier if you surround yourself with people who make you smile.
So go and find some new friends, because the old ones weren’t doing you any good!
Do you want to know how to fix codependency or how to overcome codependency habits?
If so, then check out this 8 Tips for Overcoming Codependency article. The article offers a lot of great information about how to fix codependency issues. For further details, read on!
Sources & references used in this article:
Chapter 8 codependency: A self-psychological perspective by J Cooper – Progress in Self Psychology, 1992 – pep-web.org
Codependency for dummies by D Lancer – 2015 – books.google.com
Beyond codependency: And getting better all the time by M Beattie – 2009 – books.google.com
Escape Anxiety: 8 Steps to Freedom Through Meditative Therapies by S Jessee – 2015 – books.google.com
Workshop on Codependency by K PETERSON – AIDS Prevention and Treatment: Hope, Humor …, 1992 – books.google.com
The human magnet syndrome: The codependent narcissist trap by A Auditory Electrophysiology
Treating intimacy dysfunctions in dyadic relationships among chemically dependent and codependent clients by R Rosenberg, C LCPC – 2018 – books.google.com
Melody Beattie 3 Title Bundle: Author of Codependent No More and Three Other Bes: A collection of three Melody Beattie best sellers by S Smalley, E Coleman – Journal of Chemical Dependency …, 1987 – Taylor & Francis