Red Bananas Are A Good Source Of Vitamins And Minerals For You To Get Your Daily Needs.
The Red Banana Is Also A Great Alternative To Eat When You Don’t Have Time Or Energy To Cook Anything Else At Home.
You Can Enjoy Eating It Without Getting Fat Or Stressed About Not Having Enough Nutrients During These Days.
It’s Easy To Prepare Red Banana Smoothie With Just 3 Ingredients: Water, Coconut Milk And Fresh Strawberries.
7 Benefits Of Red Bananas That Will Make You Want To Try Them All Over Again!
1) Vitamin C: Vitamin C is one of the most powerful antioxidants available today.
It helps protect your cells from free radical damage and cancerous growths. It also increases energy levels and improves immunity.
2) Iron: Iron is essential for good health.
It helps build strong bones and teeth, maintain healthy blood sugar levels, regulate hormones and prevent heart disease.
3) Magnesium: Magnesium plays a role in many bodily functions including muscle contraction, nerve transmission and relaxation, digestion and the production of serotonin.
4) Fiber: Red bananas contain more fiber than yellow bananas.
This soluble form of fiber can help lower cholesterol and control blood sugar levels.
5) Potassium: The banana is associated with the regulation of heart rate and blood pressure.
A low-salt diet can be made less bland with the addition of potassium-rich food like the red banana.
6) Protein: One medium red banana contains about 1 gram of protein, which is good for muscle growth and repair.
It’s also great for your skin, hair and nails
7) Calcium: Red bananas contain about 20% of the recommended daily allowance of calcium, which helps to build strong bones and prevents conditions such as osteoporosis.
Red Banana Side Effects
In general, red bananas have very few side effects. They are rich in potassium, but you should not eat them if you have kidney disease because they can worsen the condition. If you experience symptoms of nausea, stomach upset and vomiting after eating them, seek medical attention immediately.
If you have any further questions, concerns or comments, please leave them in the comment section below. I attempt to respond to everyone. Thanks for taking the time to educate yourself about how to improve your health with natural foods like red bananas.
Sources & references used in this article:
Botanical Results of the Banana Collecting Expedition, 1954-5. by NW Simmonds – Kew bulletin, 1956 – JSTOR
Comparative analysis of pigments in red and yellow banana fruit by X Fu, S Cheng, Y Liao, B Huang, B Du, W Zeng… – Food chemistry, 2018 – Elsevier
Profiles of carotenoids during post-climacteric ripening of some important cultivars of banana and development of a dry product from a high carotenoid yielding variety by V Lokesh, P Divya, B Puthusseri, G Manjunatha… – LWT-Food Science and …, 2014 – Elsevier
Bioactive compounds in banana and their associated health benefits–A review by B Singh, JP Singh, A Kaur, N Singh – Food Chemistry, 2016 – Elsevier
Bioactive compounds in banana fruits and their health benefits by JS Sidhu, TA Zafar – Food Quality and Safety, 2018 – academic.oup.com
Genetical and cytological studies ofMusa by EE Cheesman, KS Dodds – Journal of Genetics, 1942 – ias.ac.in