7 Delicious Types of Lactose-Free Ice Cream: Best Dairy Free Ice Cream Recipes
1) Milk Thistle – Milk thistle is a small flowering plant native to Europe and Asia.
It grows up to 2 feet tall with white flowers. Its leaves are edible and have been used as medicine for centuries.
They contain thymol which is a natural antiseptic. It’s most well known use is its ability to treat coughs and cold symptoms.
2) Aloe Vera Gel – Aloe vera gel contains aloin, an alkaloid found in the root of the plant.
It has anti-inflammatory properties, but it may also reduce blood sugar levels. It is commonly used in skin care products such as creams and ointments.
3) Chia Seeds – Chia seeds are one of the healthiest foods available today.
They are high in protein, fiber, omega 3 fatty acids and minerals like calcium, iron and magnesium. They can also improve digestion because they increase intestinal absorption of nutrients.
The chia seed oil has been shown to lower cholesterol levels when consumed regularly over time.
4) Flax Seeds – Flax seeds are high in fiber and contain a compound called lignans, which has antioxidant and anti-cancer properties.
Flax seed oil is high in omega 3 fatty acids that can improve heart and brain health.
5) Pomegranate – Pomegranate contains antioxidants called punicalagins that reduce inflammation and fight cancer.
It also improves heart health and increases blood flow to the brain. Fresh pomegranate juice has been shown to improve erectile dysfunction in men.
6) Acai Berry – The acai berry comes from a palm tree that grows in South America.
It is high in fiber and antioxidants that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects on the body. It increases energy while fighting diseases like cancer and heart disease.
Acai berries can be eaten or made into juice.
Sources & references used in this article:
The application of ohmic heating in lactose-free milk pasteurization in comparison with conventional heating, the metal contamination and the ice cream products by N Suebsiri, P Kokilakanistha, T Laojaruwat… – Journal of Food …, 2019 – Elsevier
Lactose-free dairy products: market developments, production, nutrition and health benefits by PJT Dekker, D Koenders, MJ Bruins – Nutrients, 2019 – mdpi.com
Considerations for development of lactose-free food by S Suri, V Kumar, R Prasad, B Tanwar, A Goyal… – Journal of Nutrition & …, 2019 – Elsevier