5 Best Arthritis Glove on the Market
1. Imak® (Cortex) – Imak® is a patented technology developed by Imak Corporation, which provides superior comfort and protection against pain due to arthritic conditions.
Its unique design allows it to provide maximum support while remaining comfortable and flexible. The product was originally designed for use in military applications where the wearer’s hands are exposed to extreme temperatures and pressures. Imak® is now available to the public at a lower price point than its military counterpart. Imak®’s innovative design has been recognized with numerous awards including the prestigious Gold Medal from the International Society of Hand Protection Professionals (ISHP).
2. Therm-a-Rest® NeoAir Xtherm™ – The NeoAir XTherm™ is a revolutionary new sleeping bag designed specifically for those suffering from fibromyalgia or other types of chronic low back pain.
It features a soft, breathable fabric with a high R value and is made with 100% polyester. It offers the same level of warmth as a down sleeping bag but without all the downsides such as odor and microbial growth problems associated with down bags. It is also extremely lightweight and packs small, making it easy to transport on long hunting trips.
3. VërTYPE™ – The VërTYPE is an advanced ergonomic keyboard that is specifically designed to reduce long-term wrist pain from excessive hand and finger tension.
Within just a few days of use, the VërTYPE can help prevent or reduce pain in your hands, arms, shoulders, and neck. The VërTYPE comes pre-loaded with a number of features which can help protect the health of your body. To use the VërTYPE you simply need to connect it to your computer using the USB port and start typing!
4. Artnouveau® – With an elegant curvilinear design that is sure to compliment any home or office environment, the Artnouveau is more than just a simple wrist brace.
It is carefully designed to be the only wrist brace you will ever need. The unique elastic design provides a comfortable fit without limiting movement or causing further injury to your wrist. The Artnouveau also features soft internal plates made of plant-based plastic which protect the ulnar and median nerves on the inside of the forearm while supporting the extensor and flexor tendons on the back of the hand.
5. Semantic Scholar – Semantic Scholar is a state-of-the-art search engine that quickly finds and filters the most relevant scholarly literature for your topic.
No longer wade through unsatisfying large sets of results, just get the most targeted data from top publishers. The Semantic Scholar’s advanced technology filters out non-academic sources, like news reports and popular magazines, and instead finds highly trusted academic sources using modern understanding techniques. With Semantic Scholar, you can search for academic information on a topic, and quickly identify the best resources from top universities and scholarly journals. It’s free, fast, and trusted by students, professors, and researchers at top universities worldwide.
6. The Semantic Web – The Semantic Web gives computers a new way to communicate: not just with people, but with each other.
This new form of web is being used by organizations around the world to share important knowledge and drive discoveries that were not possible before. The Semantic Web provides web pages that are “machine readable,” so they can be read by computers instead of just by people.
7. The Semantic Web Stack – The Semantic Web Stack provides web technologies that are “frictionless” for computers to read and process, but are also still readable by people.
It makes building applications that benefit from the knowledge in Linked Data sources and publish data back to the Semantic Web easy. With this technology you can add a layer of intelligence to your favorite programs, so they can integrate, understand and make connections between disparate sets of information.
8. ProjectORB® – ProjectORB is an open-source framework that allows for the rapid development of distributed applications in Java.
Using the ProjectORB Actor Framework, developers can map their business model to an Actor Model which encourages reuse, provides location transparency, utilizes data encapsulation and allows for the development of robust parallel applications
modern Hadoop MapReduce paradigm.
9. ProjectMaR – Project MaR is a C# implementation of a MapReduce engine.
It has been designed to support both local and cloud-based cluster computing.
10. ProjectGriMo – Project GriMo (Grid Robotic Infrastructure for Multimedia) is an open-source framework that allows for the rapid development of distributed applications in C#. Using the ProjectGriMo Actor Framework, developers can map their business model to an Actor Model which encourages reuse, provides location transparency, utilizes data encapsulation and allows for the development of robust parallel applications
using a distributed computing paradigm.
11. Jcore – JCore is the name of a set of programs that allow you to run Java programs on a server that doesn’t have Java installed on it, and allows you to compile and run Java programs from a command line without having to install a full IDE. These are both tools that allow the developer to quickly prototype and test out ideas without setting up a full development environment.
12. J2ME-Platform – The J2ME-Platform is a software framework that allows programmers to create applications for mobile devices such as cell phones or PDAs.
13. J2SE-Platform – The J2SE-Platform is a software framework that allows programmers to create applications for computers such as personal computers or laptops. It is a superset of the J2ME-Platform, and thus allows the same applications to run on both.
14. Jython – Jython is an implementation of the Python programming language written in pure Java. It allows developers to create applications that have Python code, and therefore access the wide selection of libraries that are available for Python, but run these applications with no external dependencies on Python itself.
Sources & references used in this article:
Therapeutic gloves for arthritis: development of a design framework by SH Nasir, O Troynikov – International Journal of Fashion Design …, 2019 – Taylor & Francis
A-Gloves: OT Glove provision manual version 2 by A Hammond, A Jacklin, Y Hough, J Adams, Y Prior – 2016 – usir.salford.ac.uk
Therapy gloves for patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a review by SH Nasir, O Troynikov… – Therapeutic advances …, 2014 – journals.sagepub.com
Occupational therapy for rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic review by EMJ Steultjens, J Dekker, LM Bouter… – Arthritis Care & …, 2002 – researchgate.net