9 Tips To Help You Kick Off Your Self-Discovery Journey
1) Take time out from your busy schedule to reflect on what matters most to you.
What do you want? How will you get it? What are the obstacles standing in your way?
Think about these questions before making decisions or taking action. Then take action when necessary.
2) If you’re not sure where to start, try reading a few self-help books on the subject.
These books often include practical advice that may seem obvious at first glance but which might not be immediately apparent to someone with limited experience.
3) For those who have already made some progress, consider sharing your successes with others through blogs, forums, online communities and other social media outlets.
Share your insights and experiences so that others can benefit from them too.
4) Remember that life is a marathon, not a sprint.
Don’t rush into things just because they’re new or different. Slow down and enjoy the ride!
5) When you feel like you’ve achieved something big, celebrate by doing something fun together with friends or family.
That’s one of the best ways to keep going!
6) Remember that you’re not in this alone.
There are many people around the world that feel just like you do and you can turn to them for advice or encouragement if you ever need a helping hand.
7) Try to learn from your failures as well as your successes.
Think about what changes could’ve been made and how future efforts can benefit as a result.
8) Most importantly, be patient with yourself and others.
Not everyone will be moving at the same pace and that’s OK. If you discover that you’re struggling to make any progress, seek help and advice from those who have been in your shoes before.
9) Remember that change is a journey, not a destination.
You will always be learning and there is no such thing as perfection. All you can do is your best and accept yourself for who you are right now.
So what are you waiting for?
Sources & references used in this article:
The road back to you: An enneagram journey to self-discovery by IM Cron, S Stabile – 2016 – books.google.com
A journey of self‐discovery: an intervention involving massage, yoga and relaxation for children with emotional and behavioural difficulties attending primary schools by L Powell, M Gilchrist, J Stapley – … of Special Needs Education, 2008 – Taylor & Francis
Using a learning journal to improve professional practice: a journey of personal and professional self‐discovery by M Shepherd – Reflective Practice, 2006 – Taylor & Francis